Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Thank You Letter to My Roommates

To my College Program Roommates,
Four months ago we all moved away from our homes to start this magnificent, yet terrifying journey called the Disney College Program. We met up in Disney Springs the day before check-in and bubbled over with excitement. We were so excited to start our journey and we thought nothing could go wrong. Then check-in day happened and we were placed in a two bedroom six-person apartment. This is where you all learned just how big of a diva I can be. These past four months have had their fair share of ups and downs and with that, I would like to say thank you.
Thank you. Thank you for putting up with my mood swings, with me never being home, with my messy habits and my high maintenance lifestyle. Thank you for holding me when I’m crying on the living room couch because my schedule didn’t work out the way I needed it too when my family is in town. Thank you for all the late night conversations that really help put things in perspective.
Thank you for inviting me out, even if I’m lame and ruin the evening and even when you know I’ll say no. Thank you for understanding that some nights I just want to sit at home, and that’s okay.
Thank you for all the laughs we’ve shared. For all the nights we’ve laid in bed unable to sleep and giggling our heads off. Thank you for the random park trips. For all the times we’ve lost your car in the parking lot and spent what seemed like forever trying to find it.
Thank you for the dating advice. I’m sorry if I ignore you for my boyfriend. You are all equally important in my eyes and I feel horrible that I’ve ever made you feel otherwise.

But most importantly thank you for changing my life. Four months ago I moved away from home for the first time. But then I met you and I knew I found my home away from home. I know we haven’t always had the smoothest running operation here in the Babe Parade, but I wouldn’t change that for the world. I know we fight, and things can sometimes seem tense, but at the end of the day we’re all here for each other. Thank you for showing me that not all roommates have to be awful. Thank you for making me laugh even when I want to cry, and for caring too much. In just two short months, some of us will have to say farewell. I’m not ready for that day, but I can rest a little easier knowing that hopefully one day we can all meet again. Until then, thank you for putting up with me and my drama. I know I’m not the easiest person to live with, but I sure am lucky I get to live with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment