Thursday, August 4, 2016

The End of an Era

Hello! So I’m warning you right now that this is one sappy blog post. Read at your own risk. This week marks six months in Orlando. This baffles me so much because it feels like I literally just got here, and here I am moving out of my apartment and saying goodbye to all of my friends who started this journey with me. These past few weeks have been so emotional. When I came down here to do the program, I was expecting to meet all these amazing people and have lifelong friendships. It wasn’t until all my fellow cast members started leaving that I realized how true that was, well the meeting all these amazing people part of it anyway. But the biggest change that has unsettled me the most, thus prompting me to write this post is the fact that I am no longer a resident of Chatham 20202.
You read that correctly, I no longer live in Chatham 20202. As most of you know, I extended my program. Because I’ve extended my program that meant I had to move out three days before everyone in my house who didn’t extend leaves the DCP for good. Cue the feels. I thought I would be fine leaving. I mean I’ve linked with some pretty amazing people based on what I’ve seen so far, and even though I’m in Vista it means that I’ll be walking distance to Wendy’s, Chik-Fil-A, Dunkin’ Donuts, the Dollar Tree and so much more. I’m the last stop on the bus route for work, which means that leaving for work will feel like a much shorter time. And the best part about Vista is that is where my boyfriend is so we’d finally be in the same complex again, hurray! The only thing I was worried about was sharing my bathroom with three other girls, but after seeing my room I am totally over that concern.
Like I said, I was totally fine with the move… and then Moving Day came. My amazing roommate Tati somehow managed to get off work to help us move, and that ended up being a Godsend. After the three of us who were all moving left for check in to find our final fate, Tati started on a huge breakfast so we’d be all fueled for the big day. I think as we were all eating breakfast was when it hit me. This is the end of an era. As of today, the Babe Parade is no longer in the same apartment. I couldn’t have asked for a better send off than the one we received last night, laughing around pizza sharing memories that we’ve had together over the past six months. We’ve seen Babes leave the apartment, and we’ve even welcomed in a new Honorary Babe Parade member. We’ve had our fair share of yelling matches, but we always made up for them in the end. These ladies have been one of the best parts of this program for me. They have been there for so much, all those nights when I missed my family, my first date with Jake, the late nights when I came home from work upset and disheveled. I wish I could say that I was the best roommate, but I certainly wasn’t. Once my boyfriend came along, I morphed into my relationship. I let that take the front seat and while I don’t regret that one second, as Jake has also been a big part of my program, looking back I definitely would’ve done some things differently.
Looking back, there’s so much I would change. I would’ve spent more nights going out to the parks versus staying in. I wouldn’t have ran my mouth so much, and I wouldn’t have been so slow to apologize. I am going to miss these ladies, each and every one of them. From Tati, the very first roommate that I found on Facebook. The boldest pirate of us all, and the best shoulder to cry on. I wish she could see how amazing she is. She truly has been one of my best friends on this program and now that we’re saying goodbye soon I don’t think I can hold myself together. And Caitlin, my tiny roommate packed with so much sass. She’s always provided us with so many laughs and knew how to keep us on our toes. And it just wouldn’t be Caitlin without Brooke. Those two are the closest friends and I think the reason why I was so distant was because I envied that. I am so glad that they have each other, it’s going to be a weird feeling with Chip and Dale being in different states. Brooke and I have had our many differences, and she’s a much better person than I am, that is definitely for sure. I am thankful to have one member of the Babe Parade sticking around for my extension. Then there’s Ellie, I know I just met her, but I wish she could’ve been with us from the very beginning. She has been a wonderful asset and even though it feels like we’ve just said hello, it is time for a goodbye. She’ll head back to England and I’ll watch her journeys from Facebook. And of course there’s those who left us. Even though they aren’t here anymore to say goodbye, they still made the first part of my program what it was.

It truly is the end of an era. This chapter in my life has closed and it’s time to start a new one. Thank you for the memories Chatham 20202 and all the Babes in the Babe Parade. I’ve loved every minute I’ve had with you, and now it’s time to move on. Fair sailing my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment