Friday, May 20, 2016

A Long Overdue Update

Hey ya'll!
So I've been here for almost three months already, how the time has flown! I've let my blog and vlog go to the wayside recently, so I'm making it my goal to be better about that. I'm finished with school, so hopefully that will help. I decided that I value my sanity too much and stayed away from summer classes this year. Things are going great down here. I'm really loving my job. Most of my friends however are leaving me this month, if they haven't already left me. That has been an emotional process. I look at all these people leaving and I can't help but think how thankful I am to have been accepted for Spring Advantage so that I get two extra months added to my program. I've managed to cross some stuff off my bucket list and will be dedicating several posts to those.
I auditioned for a Character Performer yesterday but sadly that is not where my program will be taking me, and I'm learning to accept that. It's probably for the best that I go home to finish out my last year of school. At this point the only thing that is holding me back from going home is the fact that I met an amazing boy out here and we've started dating. Once upon a time I was joking with my friends that I'd meet someone down here and move away from my small hometown for good. Little did I know how true that would be. I am feeling very conflicted over whether or not I should stay here for an extra semester and extend my program, or go back home to finish school. I still have another week before extension offers are sent out so at least there's time to think about it. While I do love my role and location, I was hoping for something better and in my honest opinion there just aren't that many great roles being offered for my extension. Knowing me, I'll probably apply for an extension and go from there. If you recall, I wasn't even planning on doing this program in the first place. I have a feeling the extension process will be the same way.
On another note, there is so much change going on in the parks. I am so lucky to be here to experience all of this. So far I have seen the closure of Streets of America, the ending of Dream Along with Mickey, the exit of Marie's meet and greets from the park, and I will see the opening of the new Frozen ride in EPCOT, Animal Kingdom's various new nighttime offerings (maybe even Rivers of Light), and the new release of Soarin' Around the World. It is an exciting time to be a Disney Cast Member.
My family is coming down next week and I can't wait to see them. I can't wait to show them around the parks which I've come to know and love. This is their first Disney Vacation in ten years and their first trip to Walt Disney World, so I am very excited to be a part of that. 
That's about it for now. I'll be better about updating you guys, I promise!
See Ya Real Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment