Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Very Delayed Week 2

Week 2: Off to Work I Go
Let me preface this and say I am so sorry with how long it took me to get this post up and running. I’ve been keeping busy to say the least and the internet has been down most of the time but it’s here now. Week 3 will be going up tomorrow or so if all goes well.
Day 1: Sunday, February 7th
Today was my first day of official training. I had to wake up to catch the bus at 6 AM for my class at 7:15. Everyone else had the same idea as I did and the bus was super packed. Once we made it to Disney University we started class. Welcome to Operations was interesting, I’m not going to disclose a lot of information but it was basically just learning the gist of our job and how all the different roles work together to create a great guest experience. After Welcome to Operations I had Welcome to Merchandise. I am so excited for my role. Merchandise definitely sounds like where I want to be. Once class was finished I went home and did laundry to kill time before the Super Bowl. At six I headed on down to the Commons to watch the Broncos rock the Super Bowl. I am so happy to say we played one great game. I miss home so much, and not being able to watch the game with my dad and brother who are diehard fans was difficult but thank goodness for FaceTime. I FaceTimed my family when I got home and then went to sleep to wake up early the next day to hit up Animal Kingdom before class started.
Day 2: Monday, February 8th
I woke up today and went to Animal Kingdom with my roommates, Brooke and Caitlin. I’ve found one of my new favorite parks and I can’t wait to explore some more. We became Wilderness Explorers and trailed around the park earning badges. We also met some characters and I bought my first pair of ears on the program. I couldn’t resist buying a pair of zebra print ears. After spending a few hours in the park we headed on home to get ready for class. Class was so much fun. I’m taking Entertainment Production and to be in a room with that many theatre majors was incredible. I am so excited to see what I can take away from these next eight weeks. After class we went to Dollar Tree to get some decorations since it was our suitemate Kayla’s birthday. I went to bed fairly early to get ready for my Magic Kingdom Orientation the next morning.
Day 3: Tuesday, February 9th
I had my Magic Kingdom park orientation. It was so interesting to learn all about the park I’ll be working in, and I can’t wait to actually get out and explore. I finally got my completed training schedule and holy cow was it full. The most exciting part was finally being able to see my costumes, and learned that I’ll be working on the glow carts. I’m not going to lie that fact scared me quite a bit, but I’ll have to see how I feel about it after training. After orientation, I went grocery shopping to pick up some essentials I forgot/couldn’t afford the last trip. I came home and relaxed. I was very boring this week.
Day 4: Wednesday, February 10th
Today was my first day of on the job training. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all at first but I eventually got the hang of it. There was no register work, just a lot of walking around. Work was so draining, that I went home and crashed. Again, I was very boring this week.
Day 5: Thursday, February 11th
Today was pay day so my roommates and I headed to Disney Springs since it was also the last day of our Holiday Discount. I purchased my first MagicBand. We headed on home for everyone to get ready for work. I had Welcome to Merchantainment. It was a four-hour long course learning how to work the registers and do merchandise the “Disney Way.” After class, Kayla and I went out to Disney Springs because I was in search for the famous Apple Pie Apple. I finally found it at Goofy’s Candy Company and it was delicious. It’s a Granny Smith Apple, dipped in caramel then dipped in white chocolate and then finally dipped in brown sugar. It was amazing, and so worth it.
Day 6: Friday, February 12
I started training on the register today. My trainer was super funny and sassy. He definitely made the night go by faster. After work I came home and crashed.
Day 7: Saturday, February 13

To make up for being so boring all week long, I finally hit the parks today. Brooke was sick so it was just Caitlin and I venturing out on our own. It definitely wasn’t the same without Brooke by our side but we made the most of it. Kayla joined us up later and we went and met Gaston. Gaston was such a fun character to meet. He’s definitely one of my favorite characters to meet in Magic Kingdom. After meeting Gaston, we headed off to Epcot. In Epcot we met Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins as well as Belle. We had Fast Passes for Hollywood Studios so that was our last stop. I finally watched Fantasmic for the first time and oh my Hannah, it blew my mind! It was so incredible. We came home and I realized that I was so sunburnt. I definitely learned the hard way that sunscreen is not optional and that lanyards leave the most awkward tan lines haha.  Overall it was a great day and a good ending to a crazy busy week. It’s so crazy to think I’ve been here for two weeks. I miss home so much but I know I’ve made the right decision and I can’t wait to see where these next few months bring me. That’s all for now, I’ll take at you later. 
Pictures will be posted soon, the internet doesn't like downloading things.

No comments:

Post a Comment